Friday, March 12, 2010

Gay Rabbis Night Hosted By Jewish Journal

Luke Ford says:

Why would clergy, of all people, want to go public with their sexual preferences?

I am a humble blogger. I have no responsibilities. But you don’t see me tearing up the blogosphere talking about my sexual orientation. You don’t read long horny blog posts from me discussing what it was like to be a hound dog in Seventh-Adventism, Judaism and the academy.

No, sirree, I believe these matters should be private.

Why would one want to talk to the world about one’s sexual tastes?

This seems particularly inappropriate for clergy. For bloggers and novelists and actors and musicians, fine. But people who are supposed to be moral leaders?

Why would morally serious people want to identify themselves to the world by their taste in sex? So you’re a bloke who likes to bugger other blokes, why preach that from the pulpit?

Everyone I know has particular sexual preferences. Some like to be spanked. Some like it in the context of adultery. Some can’t get excited unless there’s pain. But these people don’t identify themselves to the world by what they like in the bedroom.

Read On



No comments: